Tuesday, February 16

finally a post …

Not too much right now, but definitely more later … I’ve had a slow morning catching up on my blogs, and enjoying the posts very much. 

A quick birthday photo of my grandmother to start the day, and many many more to come later.  I actually took quite a few photos, which is unusual for me when I am hosting. How cute is she?  She was telling everyone at the party who told her how well she looked that she was old, but didn’t look it.  And yes, she was rocking two inch heels!

Nani's 100th 021410 020

One more quick thing … the other day, while I was in the throws of party preparation and recovery, the lovely Jeanne at Collage of Life very kindly gave me “The Sunshine Award.”  (isn’t she the sweetest?)  Thank you Jeanne! 

~Sunshine Award~ 

The instructions for accepting the award are: 

'The Sunshine Award' is "awarded to bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspire others in the blogging world." My instructions are as follows:

1. Post the award on the blog.
2. Pass the award on to 12 fellow bloggers.
3. Link to the nominees in a post.

4. Let nominees know they have won this award by commenting on their blogs.
5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you've received this award.

The twelve bloggers I’ve chosen are, in no particular order:  (and I would have chosen Jeanne had she not already received the award) 

1.  Traci @ Traci Thorson Photography

2.  Anita @ Castles Crowns and Cottages

3.  Janean @ Old Sweetwater Cottage

4.  Sande @ A Gift Wrapped Life

5.  Kate @ The Neo Traditionalist

6.  Kathleen @ Cuisine Kathleen

7.  Mary @ Pretty Good

8.  Pat @ Back Porch Musings

9.  Slim Paley

10.  My Passport to Style

11.  Daisy Cottage

12.  Lydia @ The Clueless Crafter

I could go on and on with other inspirational bloggers.  I really could.  I will have to follow the instructions on letting everyone know as the day goes on.  I have a ton of your pages to catch up on, and a house that needs major recovery.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and Valentines!  

Best,

Stephanie

3 comments:

  1. Well, aren't you nice! :) Thank you for including me on your list! And I'm looking forward to checking out the others...my Google reader is getting a little stale and I'm looking for new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Stephanie! I visit Pat all the time. In fact she is the first blog I ever read, before I even knew what blogging was!
    I will visit the others too.
    And yes, your Grandma looks amazing!! 100 blessings to her, and you for that wonderful party in her honor!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Stephanie,

    Thank you SO much! I am honored - and congratulations on your award... so deserving.
    What a beautiful blog - your writing is heartwarming. What an inspiration your gorgeous Grandmother is!

    Love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete