1. I’m on the bake sale committee for my son’s high school, and I made my always popular rainbow cupcakes with tie-dye frosting. Can I brag a bit? We got a ton of donations for the sale, and mine were the only ones that were all gone. 48 cupcakes. One kid came back three times for more, told all of his friends, and asked me to make them again in the spring bake sale. (I wanted to bake just for that kid all over again!)
2. I’ve been running around like crazy between work, kids and volunteering, and it is catching up with me. I need a vacation and the holidays aren’t even here yet! Any one want to join me for warm sand and fruity drinks on the beach?
3. As I was in our neighboring little village last week, this man was being very rude to a woman. A fight over a parking spot when there was another 2 spots away and a free parking lot behind the stores. Some seniors from our town were there and one softly said to him, “That isn’t how a gentleman speaks to a lady” as he walked by. It immediately stopped the man in his tracks. So the next time people talk about kids today – hah! There are still lots of great ones around.
4. I’ve picked up a goodie or two (or ten) at Amazon this week. Fun stuff! I’m very excited about the new cookbooks, but especially about the 36 Hours book from the New York Times. It showcases the 36 Hours feature from the paper where they detail where to go for 36 hours in the USA and Canada. I’m looking forward to finding all sorts of fun stuff for weekend getaways.
5. I didn’t eat any of them, but I really want a cupcake!
7. And last but not least, Southern Living and Coastal Living have just come out with iPad editions of their magazines. They’re really well done. Want to know what else? If you already subscribe to the magazine, they give you free access to the iPad edition. So I plan on recycling my print versions by sharing with a friend, and keeping the iPad ones on hand for easy access whenever I want them. You can find them in the App Store.
Hope all’s well with you! And have a great weekend!