Thursday, April 23

spring is in the air ...


And heading for summer! It is hard to believe that after a cold and rainy week - cold for April, at least - we are going to be in the 80's here this weekend. Oh, my toes feel toasty just thinking of it - it is a 35 degree difference! A few flowers have poked thorough here, though not too many. I think these tulips are just the sweetest reminder of what's ahead. If asked, I don't think I would pick tulips as one of my favorite flowers, but somehow, they just grab me, over and over again! And I think that this particular combination of pink and green is as soft and romantic as they come. When they open, there are extra layers of petals inside - they almost look like peonies. And I love peonies. I have been doing a lot of experimenting with photographing flowers, so many more of those to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment