Sunday, June 27

summer sundays …

I don’t usually link to other posts, but since I love this idea, and  The Tablescaper is practically a neighbor – Hi Sweetie! – I thought I would join in!

 

[SummerSundays2.jpg]

So here goes.  Summer Sundays to me mean grilling with the family.  Dinner outside on the deck, bare feet, and good food.   I am not  a food stylist, and it all tasted better than it looked.  This is one of our favorite summer dinners.  Grilled steak and chicken kabobs …

005 007

… a ton of freshly grilled veggies …

006

… and my favorite – which sounds weird if you haven’t had it, but Watermelon and Tomato salad with Feta and basil… oh my …

004

This one is a staple in Greece.  And the combination is delicious.  I never wanted to try it thinking it was too strange, but when I did, SOLD!  If you grow your own tomatoes, you are going to want to give it a try.  It’s best with the tomatoes still warm from the sun.  This is so light and refreshing – you will make it all summer long.  Just chop up some watermelon, add tomatoes, some feta cheese, chop up some fresh basil and drizzle with a good quality olive oil.  So easy and SO summery!

Happy Summer Sunday!

Best,

Stephanie

13 comments:

  1. It all looks delish to me, I love grilled veggies and chicken.... I'll be over as soon as I can ;-)
    Have a great Sunday, we're just off out to lunch at Chilis
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your salad looks and sounds fabulous, I have all the ingredients either growing and ready for picking or in the frig - a must for our dinner tonight - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! I love grilled veggies!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your meal looks wonderful Stephanie. I've heard of the salad, have never tried it. I'm going to, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I am hungry now... wishing I was your neighbour so I could come on over for dinner!!! Now I have to go find something to eat! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, all of your food looks really yummy, and I really want to make that salad! This will be a good one to take to a family event where my sister-in-laws are always trying to surprise each other with something new. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Stephanie
    That salad sounds fascinating.. come summer I will have to give it a go... I love feta and tomatoes and the watermelon will be an interesting twist..

    Have a great week.. xxx Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephanie:

    I'm so glad that you came and joined "Summer Sundays". Your food looks de-lish. Your photograpy is marvelous. Looking forward to having you join "Summer Sundays" next week too!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait for my first tomato. That sound delicious. Steak and Chicken Kebobs are some of our favorites too. Your photos were wonderful. Have a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mouth is watering, it all looks delicious, I adore Feta cheese with fresh chopped tomatoes, shallots and basil, but will try it with watermelon for a change.
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, Stephanie! I am so glad you joined in!
    Your pictures look wonderful...and delicious!
    The Tablescaper is my neighbor for the summer. Oh the shopping we will do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I will try that salad! I have a feeling I will love it.

    ReplyDelete