Monday, June 21

what to get the man who has everything …

008

My dad is the man who has everything.  He is in his late 70’s and has 5 kids.  There is literally nothing he needs.  So I tied a bow on my son, and attached a tag that said “redeemable for one day’s labor.”  Jamie was up for it (he loves his grandfather, though he HATED the bow!) and my dad absolutely loved it.   I think too that the gift of time with his youngest grandson will be a gift for Jamie as well.  These two are crazy about each other, but rarely get one on one time. 

I also gave him pictures I had taken of him with most of his grandchildren over the last 2 months, and he loved those too.

We spent a few hours with dad, and then came back here and relaxed away the rest of the day.  The men in my life were happy, so it was a good day. 

Have a great week, my friends!

Best,
Stephanie

12 comments:

  1. I completely agree! Seeing kind people smiling, and making them happy is the most important in life!


    Verus

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just died laughing---this is the cutest father's day gift I've ever seen! I bet your dad just loved it. Points for thoughtfulness and creativity! Oh and your son is such a trooper : )

    xx Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous photo and great idea!! I wish I had a little one that I could tie a bow on! Happy summer! xxB

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's hilarious! What a thoughtful gift- I'm sure the two of them will have a blast!
    Hope you had a lovely weekend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect idea for your dad or any dad. I tend to think men or harder to buy far. Something like this so useful and piratical.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great idea for your dad or any dad. What do you do when they have everything they need or can get it. This is something very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet idea, a gift from the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea for a gift:-) How's your week going? Thanks for always stopping by, your comments make me smile :)
    Hugs
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! What a great and clever idea, Steph. Glad to hear your guys had a good day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is such a cute idea. i am sure both the boys loved spending time together. it is hard to get gifts for dads. my dad has everything too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous idea, I am going to tell all my friends about this one.

    And well done your son for being such a great sport.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love that! Thanks for the laugh and the idea. I know I will use it.

    ReplyDelete