1. Is it still a random thought to go on and on once again about how busy it’s been? Work, kids, board meetings, volunteer work, entertaining, my grandmother. Phew! So I’ve been a bad blogger. But I’ve finally gotten half a moment to breathe, and here I am. And I’m really looking forward to catching up on all your blogs. I’ve missed you all and can’t wait to see what you’ve been up to.
2. Thanks and more thanks to everyone for their good wishes on my son’s birthday. It means a lot that people took time out of their day to wish him well. He read all of your comments (and he never reads this blog!). You really made us both smile.
3. Thanks too to everyone for their good wishes and prayers for my grandmother. She is doing better, and being discharged from the hospital this morning. She isn’t 100% but she is stable enough that she can go home. Because of her age, my sisters and I have been there around the clock, taking shifts so that she was never alone.
4. I may be on another baking bender. Forty-eight hydrangea cupcakes and one hydrangea cake, and two Oreo cakes this week, along with some home made peppermint patties and truffles. All the hydrangeas may make you think it’s spring here. Nope. Not even close. I do want to make the cake again. I didn’t have time to get the colors the way I wanted them as my guests were coming over shortly, so I left well enough alone.
5. Can I just say that the Oreo cake was delicious? And super easy. It is really rich chocolate. The hydrangea cupcakes were devil’s food cake. And the hydrangea cake was a three layer vanilla cake with butter cream frosting. We have leftovers if anyone is hungry.
5. We’ve had people over a lot in the last week, and that makes the husband and kids be careful a bit more in picking up after themselves. As long as I pick up after company pretty quickly, they tend to keep things together. So I’ve been enjoying a full house and a clean house. Which makes for a happy mom. I fully plan on having people over constantly until it becomes second nature to them. I hope our friends won’t mind.
I hope you have a great weekend. I’m looking forward to catching up with all of you!