Tuesday, August 16

a little anthro love …

I just wanted to take a quick break from all the photos to share a little something I picked up last month at Anthropologie…

Aren’t they sweet?  They’re ceramic versions of those berry baskets we get at the market.   It is a funny thing – whenever these hit the table, we all eat more berries.   Did we need them?  No, but I think they’re fun and functional, and another Anthro hit.   Here’s what they look like full.  (Sorry for the dull photos, it has been dark and rainy here for the last few days.) 

002e 004e

And since we’re on the topic of berries, here’s a tip I tried this week.  I read it on line, and so far it seems to be working.  When you bring your berries home, wash them immediately in a mixture of 10 parts of water to one part white vinegar.  After a few minutes wash, rinse them, then drain them to dry before refrigerating.  This is supposed to help stop that funky stuff that grows on them and ends up spoiling the bunch before you can finish them.  It’s especially useful when you get the big packages from the warehouse stores, I think.  No idea how long it will actually last, but so far, so good!

Best,

Stephanie

8 comments:

  1. I love these and will check at Anthro.

    Thanks for the tip about the fruit. We have tried several methods and never thought about adding the vinegar. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie this is an awesome tip, thank you for sharing. Big Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!
    And thanks for the vinegar tip, Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, thanks for the tip. i never knew that. i love those little dishes. i saw them at anthro last time i was there. they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok your evil for my credit card
    I may have to hit up anthropology before work today
    Hope they still have them
    I need a birthday present for a friend and this would be perfect

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable! Thanks for the washing tip, I'm heading to the farms in NJ to go blackberry picking this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the ceramic baskets are wonderful. They were a great find. I may just have to check out my local Anthro to see if they have a couple for me. And your tip is very interesting and I am going to give it a try.
    I also want to tell you how much I love your photos of Maine. I love photos in the fog because they show such wonderful texture. My brother lives on his boat in the summer in Maine and sails all over New England. It is such a gorgeous area. Your photos are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also want to thank you for your kind words about my knee surgery. Much appreciated.
    XO

    ReplyDelete