Thursday, August 18

spinning my wheels …

181vse

Phew!  Did you ever feel as though you’re running just to stand still?  It has been busy busy here.   School hasn’t started as it has for some parts of the country, but we have an awful lot going on just getting ready for school.   A home improvement project (or three) in the works, and a family wedding in the next few weeks have kept us on our toes.  Add to that, football practice has started already – 3 weeks before the season gets going.   Four hours, six days a week and those boys will be tough come game one.   My son usually is starting center, sometimes a guard.  But it’s a whole new experience playing JV so we’ll see.   

This ferris wheel was at an amusement park right on Old Orchard Beach in Maine.   The kids had a ton of fun there.   I wouldn’t mind a few more days R and R.   Anyone have any end of summer getaways planned?   Can I come?

Best,
Stephanie

9 comments:

  1. Love this shot! The colors are so pretty. I need another getaway to recuperate from the start of school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome to stay with us anytime. Just say it! My 10 year old plays football, so I think we'll keep the guys busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you have little ones, life takes on a different meaning. Always action going and thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My oldest played football, and I so miss those days! Two-a-days are no fun, but they get the job done, that's for sure!
    Enjoy your last little summer snippets, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heading up to NH to pick up the boys at camp today after 5 days at the gift show - where did the summer go?? Alas, no plans to get away since getting ready for school takes priority!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Stephanie!!! YOU TOO? I have home projects, personal art projects in the works and I GO BACK TO MY CLASSROOM NEXT WEEK to teach 50 kids!!! AFTER A LONG summer break!

    THANK YOU for coming to visit today. Enjoy your last days of summer! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sweet Stephanie, I would love to have you along. Truth is we rarely plan our little adventures. We just wake up and go! Relax sweetie enjoy the wekeend. Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photo..........looks magical! Busy times for you, fortunately Canadian kids go back after Labour Day (beginning of sept.) so we are a bit behind you in preparation. I treat Sept. as go-back-to-work month though so I am trying to get back in the groove. It was a lazy summer! Glad you are enjoying Objects of desire..........lovely to hear. Much love XO

    ReplyDelete