I was honored to receive this award from the lovely blogger Susan, of Blooming Rose Musings. Thank you Susan! I really am honored, especially when you consider the bloggers she listed me with. Wow, what a talented group!
The rules of the award are:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their post.
2. Choose ten blogs to nominate and let them know by leaving a comment.
3. Request the chosen blogs pass the award on to another 10 blogs.
4. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
5. List seven things about yourself that we might not know.
OK, since I am a talker, it may be hard to find seven things I haven’t shared yet, but here are some I don’t think I have.
1. When I was younger, I took every single art class my school offered, and there were quite a few of them. I even ended up doing independent study work with all four of the art teachers when I ran out of classes. (yes, we had four, which I hear is not at all the case in most schools these days)
2. Two murals I painted in the high school were still there twenty years later when my husband had occasion to visit for business. Pretty neat, huh? One was painted over last year though, and the other is now covered by bookcases. (Boo!)
3. Painting is what started me decorating cakes. I thought it was just silly that I could make an oil painting, but my cakes looked like a third grader decorated them. So I just tried different things until I got the hang of it. Then I took a class in how to make gum paste flowers, which I loved.
4. When I was younger, I hated baking. Loved the results, but hated actually doing it. After I hit my 20’s, I turned into a baking addict.
5. I decided what I wanted to be when I grew up when I was 10 years old. And I did it.
6. My best friend from grade school is still one of my best friends in the world.
7. When I was in school, I worked in a record store, which the very first year turned into a CD and cassette store. It was possibly the most fun a kid could still have at work. We met a ton of celebrities, got concert tickets and back stage passes, and got to listen to music all day long.
Phew! That took a while! I’m passing this along to the following bloggers, with the understanding that if you don’t want to play along, it’s not a problem. But do check out these amazing bloggers:
Each of these are amazing blogs, and it was so hard to pick just ten. Also, I added a “Follow by Email” button on the right for anyone who is interested. I hear this will help get us around the changes coming to Google Friend Connect, so please, sign up so we can all keep in touch when the changes hit.
Thanks again to Susan for the lovely award!
(you didn’t think I would post without a picture, did you?)