Tuesday, March 13

movie night …

One of my favorite presents ever was the DVD projector and screen that I got for Mother’s Day about 6 years ago.  We’ve used it so often, it has been well worth the purchase.   We bought a 12 foot screen with it, and watching movies on it is so much fun.   And even though we use it all year round, our favorite thing to do is watch movies outside when the weather is nice.  It reminds me of when I was a kid, and my parents would set up the old Super 8 projector  and we’d watch movies outside in the summertime.  053048

A lot of the time, we either invite the neighbors over, or if they see the screen is up, they come over to watch with us.  Hot popcorn, some wine for the grown ups, and movie night is a hit at our house. Even the pup pulls up a chair and watches. 

052This summer we’re planning to get a large canvas so we can watch movies even bigger.  065Add some twinkly lights and it’s a good night.  058Just a few more weeks and we’ll be outside watching movies.   I highly recommend movie night as a fun way for the whole family to get together.  And movies under the stars make it even better.

Best,

Stephanie

13 comments:

  1. Oooh that looks like so much fun!! I think I know what to ask for for my birthday now! ;) Wish I could join you guys for an outside movie night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun is that. i think that is an amazing idea. simple fun the old fashioned way. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun idea! kind of like going to the drive in but at home! i bet your neighbors love you guys!! thanks for coming by, you're a doll! xo suz

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool, Steph! I wish I was your neighbor (for more reasons than movie night)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fabulous idea! And how much do you love Knight and Day? I can imagine watching that outside under some twinkling lights with a fire pit going! Very fun!
    xo
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our town has movie night in the park all summer long though without the twinkling lights and wine... Your movie nights sound like heaven!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds so fun! We watch football games outside at my bil's house, but the screen is definitely not that big!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun! It reminds me of the drive-ins we used to go to when I was a kid. You are making precious memories for your kids...and neighbors.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much fun! I love the idea of watching movies outside. It's like going to a drive-in movie theater. We have movie night every friday night. We've done this since our daughter was little and all we watched were animated children's movies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is so cool... the weather in NY the last 2 days i was there was so good that made me think of all the outdoor activities that can be done now

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like so much fun! I love the twinkly lights too. We have a friend who uses his projector outside and plays the movie on his big white garage door. The whole neighborhood joins in the fun. Hugs and happy wishes for a wonderful new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete