1. This fireworks shot from last month reminds me more of stars than fireworks. Right? Like a far away galaxy.
2. I feel that between everything going on in my life, my blogging mojo is a no-go. What do you do when you get this way? Because I really need to snap out of it. My poor camera has been neglected all week. She probably thinks I don’t love her anymore. (Yes, my camera is a she. Her name is Lola.)
3. If you live in the US, it’s Election Day today. Get out there and vote! Every voice makes a difference.
4. I want to start a grassroots movement where we all go just a little out of our way to be kind and courteous to others. Some of the things I’ve seen lately are kind of absurd. People cutting people off, letting doors shut in other people’s faces instead of holding it open, not doing that one little thing that makes our days go easier, all these bug me. But I have actually seen people ram a shopping cart into another person and not apologize. Grown women in a very upscale store shoving each other to get to the last of an item. These things are flat out nuts. Is it me, or has common courtesy been flying out the window lately?
5. I’ve accidentally deleted a few comments recently, and you can’t get them back once you do, so if you notice your comment is missing on a post, I’m really sorry.
6. I am getting a few free or very inexpensive books every week through Pixel of Ink. Click on the link, and sign up for the e-mail and you get a list of free books for Kindle and Nook every day. I don’t love every single book, and many are books I may not have chosen for myself if I’d been browsing. But in the last 6 months or so, I’ve gotten at least 40 free books, most of which I liked, and at least 10 of which I really liked a lot. You won’t find something you love everyday, but hey, even one free book a week is pretty good, right? It works for Kindle, Nook or any of the devices you can read them on, like an iPad or smart phone.
7. I’m loving all the bloggers who have been posting things they’re grateful for all month. It’s a really neat idea, and you’ve got to stop and appreciate all you have.
8. One of the many things I’m grateful for is all of the blogging friends I’ve made here, and the beauty you put out in the world.