Tuesday, May 15

i’m back?

I’m back after an unscheduled blog break.  I kind of felt like I needed to recharge a bit.  I still don’t feel 100% back into it, but I’m going to give it a try.  I missed you all though, and I am going to try to catch up with the blogs I haven’t been able to.   Seriously? I’ve barely picked up my camera.  That’s how you know I’ve had the blahs!  Almost every one of these photos is with my phone.  

Here’s what we’ve been up to.  I hope everyone celebrating had a happy Mother’s Day!

IMG_0250IMG_0251

IMG_0255I try to visit my father as much as I can. I love going home to my dad’s.  

025

Lots of lacrosse.  The season just ended.  But when did those little boys get so big?  But don’t worry, there is still baseball and softball to keep us busy.

074

I finally made the tye-die cupcake tutorial.  It makes me cringe.  I have to decide if I am going to post it or try again.  It was a super humid day, and the frosting was all melty, as you can see from the photo.  Not to mention the sound of my voice recorded.   Did I mention cringing?

083

I made a few dozen of these for the teacher appreciation luncheon for our middle school.  As well as my mango chicken.  It was one of only two dishes that was completely gone by the end of the lunch.  Anyone want the recipe?  It’s easy and delicious.

IMG_0318And of course, mother’s day.  It started with cards, kisses and flowers.  From there, we went to a softball game for my little girl.  (hey, little league people: I notice you always schedule a game for Mother’s Day, but never Father’s Day.  Coincidence?)  

IMG_0296 - Copy IMG_0306 IMG_0310Then we headed into NYC for brunch.  We tried a new place, I had seen someone post it on Instagram.  It’s called Cowgirl, and it was pretty fun.

IMG_0312 On the way out, we passed the Freedom Tower, at the World Trade Center site. 

IMG_0315

Then we finished off the day with sweets from Baked.  Yum! 

IMG_0316

I love “my” city!

I hope you’ve all been well, and I am going to try to catch up this week with all of you.  But let me know if I’ve missed any big news!

Best,
Stephanie

9 comments:

  1. I have been resting for awhile as well. Also, trying to learn the new version on posting. I have struggled, but slowly getting there. Glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try Clinton street baking company next time - amazing biscuits - even better then down south here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try Clinton street baking company next time - amazing biscuits - better then any down south here that I've had!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, Stephanie - not only do we miss you but your wonderful pictures and drooling over your cupcakes!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome back dear. i completely understand needing a break. i have been doing it a lot lately too. i hope you have been enjoying you're time off. oh man, those cupcakes look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best town ever!!! I'm trying to go but hotels are so expensive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we all need to take blog breaks now and then. You were very missed but I think everyone is feeling the same way right now so we all understand. Taking a break is the only way we can really refresh our creativity.
    You cupcakes look amazing.
    Have a wonderful weekend, Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes... recipe is wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cupcakes always amaze me! So beautiful! I have never been to "Baked"...when I move back this summer it's on my list.

    ReplyDelete